- For a strong, healthy lawn in hot and dry conditions
- For lush green grass in shady conditions
- Worn areas and bare patches
- Guaranteed to grow due to Aqua Gel technology*
Why UseGro-Sure Smart Seed is a blend of unique hard wearing lawn seed varieties that is ideal for over-seeding worn grass or filling in bare patches,
Seeds are treated with Aqua Gel technology for improved germination. Aqua Gel can absorb 400 x its weight in water, and slowly releases it back to the seeds, when the seeds require it to germinate. Aqua Gel is also an excellent bird deterrent and contains plant hormones to stimulate growth.
What to Expect
In good conditions blades of grass can usually be seen in under 2 weeks, however if the conditions are unfavourable this may take considerably longer
When to UseLawn seed may be sown from March to October. However, for best results, sow lawn seed in the spring from March to May, and in the early autumn from mid September through to mid October.
How to UseBest Conditions:Lawn seed grows best when thesoiltemperature isconsistently around 10°—18°C. Fast Start begins togerminate at 7° C. If conditions stray out of this range, time and rate ofgermination can be negatively impacted
Clear away anydebris and removeweeds before sowing
Tip: In dry conditions, waterthe soil thoroughly the daybefore.
1. Shake the box to mix up the seeds.
2. Using the built-in side applicator, apply the seed at the following rate:
- New Lawn (or Patch Repair): 40g/m2
- Revitalising Existing Lawn: 30g/m2
4. Walk over or roll the sown area to press the seed into the soil
Water the area thoroughly using a fine-rosewatering can or sprinkler, taking care not towash the seeds away.
In dry conditions, water daily to maintainsoil moisture levels until seed germinates.
1. First cut at 5-8cm (2-3”) high
2.Gradually lower the cutting height to about 2.5cm (1 inch).Do not remove more than 1/3 of the grass leaf at any one time
3. Feed your lawn after at least 2 cuts. Our recommended lawn feeds are: Westland SafeLawn, Aftercut Ultra Green, Aftercut Lawn Thickener
- Keep new lawns well watered especially in dry conditions
- Do not use weed killers or strong fertilisers on new lawns and always read the product label before use
- Children and pets need not be excluded from the treated areas
- Store in a cool, frost-free place away from children, pets and foodstuffs
- Use contents within season of purchase
- Contents may settle in transit
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Should I cover the seed?
A. The seed should be sown and lightly raked in to the soil surface and no deeper than 1-2cm. A germination sheet can be used to speed up the germination stage but should still be removed upon emergence.
Q. When can I use a Weed Feed & Moss Killer?
A. Your lawn must be older than a year before using products like these.
Q. Is it okay to store unused seed for next year?
A. It is always best to use seed in the season of purchase. Seed that has been stored in the box for a long time will have less vigour and will not germinate as well.