As promised when we closed on the 23rd March, we are pleased to announce that following government approval our Great Amwell and Chenies garden centres will be open from 9am Thursday 14th May, back to our standard opening hours. During the period we’ve been closed, our teams have been busy serving the local community by delivering plants, compost and gardening equipment orders via our website and telephone, which we will continue to do to service anybody self-isolating.
Our Peterborough Garden Centre will remain closed at this time.
Now that we’re allowed to open, we’ve had to make some changes in store to ensure that we keep our colleagues and customers as safe as possible utilising social distancing. We’ve listed our range of measures below and would ask that all customers read these carefully before coming to visiting us so we can make everyone’s visit a safe and enjoyable one.
- We’re limiting the number of people into the garden centre at one time. This may result in having to queue at the front of the centre.
- Our shopping trollies will be wiped down and handed to you at the entrance.
- Only two people from the same household will be allowed into the garden centre. We ask that other members of your party remain in you vehicle or safely at home. Wherever possible we’d also ask that children are not brought to the garden centre as this time.
- We ask that all customers strictly respect the 2m social distancing rules in store, we’ve provided signs and floor markings to assist with this throughout the centre. There will also be regular announcements via our tannoy to remind everyone about social distancing.
- We’ve installed protective screens for our till areas, these are for the protection of both our colleagues and customers. Alongside this all staff have the relevant PPE available, and as such you may see some of our staff wearing full face masks or shields.
- We’d love the majority of customers to wherever possible pay by Card and especially contactless, we’ve increased our contactless limit to £45 and with Apple Pay the limit is much higher.
- We’ve had to change the facilities we have available to customers to ensure we can maintain the safest environment for everyone, as such the follow facilities will remain closed:
- Café VH, Toilets, Mini-Farm (Great Amwell), Zoo (Great Amwell) & Miniature Railway (Great Amwell)
- Some concessions available on each site are delaying their opening, we’d therefore ask you to divert all contact directly to them via either their individual websites or telephone numbers
Van Hage plus
We realise we had a lot of customers with valid Van Hage plus cards whilst we were closed, so we’ve extended all active memberships by 2 extra months, so that you can continue to enjoy your member benefits straight away. We’ve already done this for you automatically so there is no need to do anything other than enjoy your shopping visit to Van Hage. Unfortunately our Café’s remain closed, but as soon as the government allow us to open them again, the daily Free Tea or Coffee benefit will be reintroduced.
We’d like to thank each and every one of our valued customers for your support while we have been closed and look forward to welcoming you back your Van Hage Garden Centre.
The Van Hage Family & Board of Directors