Cleaning your Weber BBQ will ensure it always gives you the perfect grill. Whether your Weber is a gas, or charcoal model, we have the guides to teach you how to clean your Weber BBQ.
Table of Contents:
- The Importance of Cleaning Your Weber BBQ
- 6 Essential Tools to Clean Your BBQ
- Are Weber BBQs Easy to Clean?
- 10 Steps to Clean Weber Gas BBQ
- 4 Easy Ways to Clean Weber Charcoal BBQ
The Importance of Cleaning Your Weber BBQ
Cleaning your Weber BBQ and giving it regular maintenance can help to extend its lifetime. As well as keeping it looking shiny and new - even after years! There are many reasons why cleaning your Weber BBQ is an essential task:
A built up grease tray can be a fire hazard
Prevents bacteria from building up which could contaminate food
Allows grill to heat faster
Prevents attracting pests and bugs
Could prevent rust on your BBQ
From keeping your food safe and tasting great, to ensuring the longevity of your much loved BBQ - cleaning your Weber is a vital task for top-tier grills.
6 Essential Tools to Clean Your BBQ
Cleaning your Weber BBQ begins with a few necessary tools. These BBQ accessories will help keep you safe, and make cleaning your grill a little bit easier:
- Gloves - As you’ve cooked food on your BBQ it can become a bit greasy, for this reason you may wish to wear a pair of rubber gloves to protect your hands.
- Sponge - To really get a proper clean on your Weber BBQ you’ll want to use a sponge that has a non-scratch scourer. This will ensure you can remove stains and dirt, without scratching the shiny surface.
- Microfibre Cloth - Want to get that perfect shine on the outside of your BBQ grill? A microfibre cloth will be the perfect finishing tool for cleaning your Weber BBQ.
- Scraper - When set, grease can be tricky to get off. A scraping tool will help you loosen any unwanted dirt on your Weber BBQ.
- Cleaner - Our collection of Weber products contains specially formulated products to get your BBQ as clean as possible. With grill, stainless steel, and enamel cleaners, you’ll find the perfect one for your model.
- BBQ Brush - To really loosen the dirt and get your Weber BBQ clean, you’ll need a brush. Designed to easily and efficiently clean away baked-on food and debris, you’ll have a BBQ that looks spick and span in no time!
Are Weber BBQs Easy to Clean?
Weber BBQs are designed to be as self-cleaning as possible. All you have to do is turn your preheat up to high and wait until the food residue burns away. After this you can easily remove residue from the grill using a BBQ brush whilst it’s still hot - be careful of your hands though!
10 Steps to Clean Weber Gas BBQ
To clean the inside of your Weber Gas BBQ, you’ll need to take a few steps, which we have put together for you:
Disconnect your Gas BBQ from its gas tank. To do this safely ensure you consult the owner’s manual for your model.
- Use a brush to remove any food.
- Spray on your grate cleaner to start the process of cleaning your Weber BBQ.
- Leave this to settle for 30 seconds, before scrubbing with the scourer side of your sponge.
- Rinse with water and set aside.
- Spray the inside of the cookbox with the cleaner, and again leave to settle for 30 seconds.
- Use your scraper to remove the grease and debris, then clean with a sponge.
- You should then wipe down the cookbox, as well as the drip tray and bottom tray. You can use a brush if needed.
- Avoid splashing the burner tubes with water.
- Let your Weber BBQ dry after cleaning before reassembling.
To clean the outside of your Weber Gas BBQ, follow these instructions:
- Spray the enamel and steel parts of the BBQ with the appropriate cleaner spray.
- Wipe away the spray with a microfibre cloth.
- Rinse with lukewarm soapy water and a sponge.
- Dry with a microfibre cloth.
4 Easy Ways to Clean Weber Charcoal BBQ
With a clean Weber charcoal BBQ, you’ll be able to grill up a tasty strom for your friends and family. For cleaning the grill on your charcoal BBQ follow these simple steps:
- Make sure your BBQ has cooled down.
- Spray on the Weber grate cleaner and leave to sit for 30 minutes.
- Use a stainless steel brush to clean the grate.
- Wipe down with a wet sponge.
Continue Your Garden Clean
Cleaning tasks in the garden are not limited to your Weber BBQ. In fact, to ensure your outdoor space looks its best all year round you should also learn how to clean garden furniture. Whether you adore wood garden furniture, or rattan garden furniture, it will always look more inviting when spick and span!