11 Top Picks To Keep Cool This Summer!
It’s time to kick off those wellies, cast aside your bobble hat and step into the sunshine – yes Summer is on the way!
The weather is finally starting to warm up, the long-awaited sun is shining, and we are spending more time outdoors to bask in its glory. There’s nothing quite like enjoying the fresh air and light in comfort as we garden, eat, socialise, play and live in our outside spaces.
Outdoor living and surrounding ourselves with nature are essential for our mental and physical wellbeing. Our bodies create vitamin D from direct sunlight on our skin which is helpful for keeping our bones, teeth, and muscles healthy. However, do take care as too much sun comes with its own risks. When enjoying the sun this summer keep cool and protected from harmful UV rays by using sunscreen, wearing a hat, and drinking plenty of fluids.
Gardening for long periods of time in the heat can be exhausting and it is essential to take breaks and cool off in the shade from time to time, but what type of shade do you have in your garden? Is it something you have been meaning to get to for a while, but never quite got round to?
The right shading can be overlooked and not considered to be a garden priority, but if you and your family spend long periods of time outside then it is a must-have. At family BBQs not everyone enjoys sitting in direct sunlight, or if you have little ones playing in paddling pools or sand pits, it’s so important to keep them cool and safe.
So, let’s talk shading.
There are lots of different types to choose from and we don’t want to keep you in the dark when making your selection! We’ve put together a list of our top shading picks for you to consider this season.
Parasols come in all shapes, sizes and colours to suit different requirements. Not all garden furniture suites have a convenient hole in the centre of the table for a parasol but luckily, we stock cantilever parasols that stand at the side of your furniture and provide shade for the entire area. Many of our parasols are water resistant too providing shelter from summer showers so no need to dash inside if you’re eating lunch!
1. The 2m Maddison Las Palmas Round Parasol is our most basic product but is not lacking in style! Available in blue, grey or green and is ideal for smaller areas. It has an easy-to-use mechanism and is 100% polyester for easy cleaning and water resistance.
2. Next is the 2.5m Lifestyle Garden Crank/Tilt Parasol. This is available in a stylish grey and is a more versatile product as you can adjust the shade angle without having to move the entire parasol. It is water-resistant, rust proof and has an easy-to-use crank mechanism.
3. The Kettler Wall Mounted 2.5M Square Parasol. No need for a pole or base with his parasol as it can be easily mounted against a wall to add shade to your patio or balcony. Available in ‘Stone’ colour.
4. The Bramblecrest Lichfield 2.7m Square Side Post Parasol available in grey. This parasol has innovative tilting and rotating mechanisms and comes with a protective cover.
5. The Bramblecrest Truro Square 3m Parasol is available in grey. It comes with a base and cover and the added bonus of LED lights and generous canopy.
Not all or parasols come with bases or covers so it’s important you make sure you have everything you need to assemble your shading in your garden. Why not add some fantastic additions to your parasol and keep the party going with speakers, lighting and heating?
6. Lastly, let’s not forget the children with these adorable garden furniture sets from Kaemingk. Available in Owl or Unicorn themes.
So we’ve looked at parasols but you may prefer something a little more substantial in your garden especially if you have a South facing garden and a particularly sunny spot. Here are our best Gazebo picks that suit a variety of preferences and situations.
7. The Eden Gazebo comes in 3 sizes - 2.5M X 2.5M, 3M X 3M or 3M X 4M available in Taupe or Grey. This fantastic gazebo has a strong Steel frame is Powder Coated for protection against the elements, all-round curtains, and waterproof. Great buy!
8. The Pull Down Screen Titan 3M or 4M available in Grey enables you to make your garden area more private and offer more protection from the elements.
This screen attaches to your 3m Titan pergola and can be pulled down to create a more private area, provide shade, or provide wind protection by creating a more protected location.
9. The Kettler Panalsol Pagoda 2.9m x 2.9m is made from powder coated steel frame with 180g polyester canopy, it has a rustproof and waterproof frame and can be securely fitted to the ground. The canopy can be easily removed when not in use.
10. Nova Titan Pergola 3Mx3M Square available in white or grey. Made from high quality aluminium, the Titan provides all year round, weather resistant protection. Each pergola is UV protected and therefore resistant to fading and other damage typically caused by heat. The super durable Tiger Drylac powder coating prevents corrosion, offering ultimate pergola protection and lifespan.
11. For something special, here’s our super Deluxe Kettler Panalsol 3m X 3.5m With Led Lights! Features include powder coated aluminium frame in grey finish, durable Textilene sliding roof panels with UV50+ protection, slatted back panel to hang plants and stylish décor items, wind diffusing textile sling side panels, built in LED belt lights with solar panel charging unit and fixing plates with holes to screw or fix down!
So, there you are – lots of choices (more online or instore) to help you keep cool this Summer. It really is important to take care of yourself and your family when spending lots of time outdoors - lets enjoy the Summer in both the sunshine and the shade!