At Van Hage we are committed to operating each of our three garden centres with sustainability as a key consideration.
Our main values and efforts include...
• Under-floor heating in the store maximising the effectiveness of any heating used.
• All wood products used and sold come from certified sustainable sources.
• A recycling programme is in place for all card, plastic, metal, green waste, food waste and office consumables. A variety of recycling bins for customer use are available in th car park (Amwell).
• Rain water is being harvested, stored and used for irrigation on the site.
• Fresh produce sold and served at our garden centres is sourced locally wherever possible.
• We encourage the purchase of peat-free and peat-reduced growing media at our stores and work with our suppliers to source and promote renewable alternatives.
• In association with our coffee supplier and the World Land Trust we aim to save 20 acres of threatened rainforest each year as a company.
• Products sold which originate from third world producers will be covered by the Fairtrade guarantee where possible.
• We encourage customers to use bags for life or re-use bags. All of our customer bags are biodegradable. Any surplus product packaging is recycled through our warehouse.
• We actively promote the use of plants to help create a more healthy and harmonious environment for both humans and animals.