Black Pepper New York Strip Steaks with Horseradish Sauce
By Chris Luther / March 2, 2015.
Recipe from Weber's Charcoal Grilling™ by Jamie Purviance
Serves: 4 // Prep time: 10 minutes | Grilling time: 6 to 8 minutes
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 New York strip steaks, 10 to 12 ounces each and about 1 inch thick, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl mix the sauce ingredients.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F).
- Lightly brush the steaks on both sides with the oil, and then smear the mustard on both sides. Season them evenly with the salt and pepper. Allow the steaks to stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes before grilling.
- Brush the cooking grate clean. To make crosshatch marks, lay the steaks on the cooking grate over direct high heat as if they were the small hands of a clock pointing to ten o’clock. Close the lid. After two minutes, lift the steaks with tongs and rotate them so they point to two o’clock. Close the lid and let them sear for another minute or two. Flip each steak and continue to cook for an additional 2 to 4 minutes for medium-rare doneness. Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve the steaks warm with the sauce on the side.